The Senior Ruby on Rails will be responsible for leading GoGet’s technology platform into the future. You will work with the CTO and help in crafting and managing the product strategy, short and long term planning. You will work with the current Ruby on Rails platform and have the ability to lead a team to architect new features as well as address security, stability and scaling issues and refactor old code to address these issues. Your team will be creating REST APIs for iOS, Android as well as external services to integrate with.
You will be responsible for ensuring that we are able to scale our platform to multiple countries, driving improvements in routing and matching, strategizing payments across multiple countries.
You will also work closely with the rest of the GoGet team to drive our technology arm and your ideas will strongly influence our technology decisions for the future, helping to improve strategies with not only technology, but also how tech can help improve user experience, operations, marketing. Working with us, you will have a strong voice in our team and together we can work to truly make a difference.
You will also be responsible for leading the internal web development team, helping to guide junior developers to improve as well as ensuring code quality and best practices are met across the board.
Ideally, you need:
- experience in developing applications with Ruby on Rails
- to have a good understanding of testing for application issues, performance, scalability and stability
- high level of experience in working with cross border applications
- high level of experience in working with applications that involve payment integrations for large international markets
- high level of experience in working with building algorithms for applications with logistic, mapping or routing characteristics.
- to collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and develop new features
- to want to influence our technology platform for the better and have views on how it can help grow the community better
- to continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- experience working with third-party libraries and APIs, such as google maps
- working knowledge of the general web landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- a strong desire for something new and fresh
- to be resourceful and a “Go-Getter” in life
- like to eat ice cream
Applicants must have a basic grasp of the English Language and own transportation to work and to travel around.